Bad wood underneath the veneer
Sunday, September 24, 2006
  Solidarity and the New Order of Things
When my senior friends graduated last May, I thought, gee, I wonder who I'm going to hang out with. So I planned. I planned to hobknob with the Phi Mu Alpha guys and "run with their crew" some. I thought it would be nice to have their support, chill with like-minded dudes and maybe even hang out with some ladies.

For various reasons, that whole scheme fell through. Or I lost interest in it. That is to say, when I saw most of them file into IV one Thursday night, I lost interest. There are some good guys there, but shit, what was I thinking trying to pine for their interest?

But no worries. Guess what happened? The Beat crowd has mixed with the Bench crowd. And they're generally fun people. Emrys Van Maren (or as I've dubbed, the MPU [Mobile Party Unit]), Patrick Whalen, Greg Moore, Kristi Nickles, Naomi's housemates, et al. are all pretty sweet. They have modest-sized parties and sit around campfires and listen to me play guitar! The void has been filled.

A new snackbar solidarity has emerged as well. Everybody seems to know everybody. (I would add further comment, but the only adjective I can think of is "cool.")

More items, cool and uncool:

At any rate, things have changed a lot. I look forward to seeing Lee, Silliman, Hugger, Alexis and company next weekend.
 
Comments:
give Dr. Tsao a shout out for me
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: S-Wing, The Beat

Unless you need it. And YOU need it bad.

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 /

Blogs