Bad wood underneath the veneer
Thursday, October 05, 2006
  New Band
I am starting a new band.

If it were up to me, and I'm sure it's not, I'd call us "Beat Eclectic."

Line up:

Jed Becker: Keyboards, programming

Tory Moul: Vocals, keyboards

(tenatively) Evan Moran: Lead Guitar

Me: Guitars, vocals, banjo, lap-steel, harmonica, programming

I'm in the process of writing more stuff. Mainly just progressions, riffs, and lyrical snippets.

The project looks like it's going to move into a Broken Social Scene + Flaming Lips thing...but I dunno...maybe mellower. Of course, Tory's jazz experience will weigh upon the sound. My folk and country sensibilities will invariable pop up. Jed has programmed a lot of stuff before and I'm going to learn the process soon. But all drums and bass and suchlike will be programmed.

First show will be the Battle of the Bands. Then I think we'll play the next Black Sheep Show at Savarinos. From there, who knows. We'll see how it goes.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: S-Wing, The Beat

Unless you need it. And YOU need it bad.

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 /

Blogs